Friday, January 21, 2011

Jan 22, Samedi

Phew, finally, hectic short semester ended with disasterous finals. I'm on holiday oh là là!

Just a short update on "life's toughest questions (answred!)" that I read from Reader's Digest, thought of sharing it :)
J'espére que c'est intéressé et ne ennuyeux pas :) I hope it's interesting and not boring.

Question 1: Can love really last a lifetime?

Absolutely - but only if you chuck the fairy tale of living happily ever after. A team of scientists recently found that romantic love involves chemical changes in the brain that last 12 to 18 months. After that, you and your partner are on your own.

Relationships require maintenance. Pay a visit to a nursing home if you want to see proof of lasting love. Recently I spoke to a man whose wife of 60yrs was suffering from advanced Alzheimer's disease. He came to sit with her every day and hold her hand. "She's been my best friend since high school," he told me. "We made a promise to stick together."

Now, that's a love story.

So, what do you think?

To me, love is not just how you feel towards your partner, it can be to your family, friends or even your pet.

I love my dog, she is the first dog that I have (I can't say pet because I had hamster, gold fish and even tortoise before her!).

She is not those cute fluffy poodle that I always dream of owning, she is a gift from mom's friend after her dog got "raped" and gave birth to. And, she is Black, that will be the last colour I'll choose for owning a dog, doesn't brown and white or even grey looks more adorable?

However, I love her truly. We have spent 9 years under the same roof, we pampered her like our new adopted little sister, and that explained her ego, bossy, princessy attitude haha. Unlike poodle, she is active and fun at the right time, and very "human". Smart and silly at the same time :D

She is so human that dad decided to throw her a cake ceremony on 09.09.2009, 09:09pm.


The King had crowned her the new Princess.

And also, she got herself a piece of land.

George Bush's dog died at the age of 5. This made me feel so afraid of losing her, especially when she is 9 now. People might not be able to understand the strong bond and relationship that build between us in the years. She is part of the family. She is, and will always be.

My favourite sunset picture with her and brother, taken by elder bro some time ago.

I ♥ you, Mow-Mow,
you are more than a dog to us.



signing off,
3.35pm

No comments:

Post a Comment